Faculty Positions, Full-Time and Adjunct
Master of Arts degree programs; Adlerian Counseling and Psychotherapy with specialties in Clinical Mental Health, Marriage and Family Therapy and Co-occurring Disorders. Graduate degree from a CACREP institution preferred with LPCC, LMFT, or LADC licensure or eligibility for licensure in Minnesota.
- A doctoral degree from a counselor education program, preferably from a CACREP accredited program or;
- A doctoral degree in a related field (e.g., Counseling Psychology, Social Work, Marriage, and Family) AND employment as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for at least a full academic year BEFORE July 1, 2013.
- Professional clinical licensure or eligibility for licensure in Minnesota.
CMHC, COD, and MFT Field Experience Faculty Members Needed
About Adler Graduate School
Located in the Twin Cities metro area, Adler Graduate School offers master’s degree, certificate, and license-only programs in counseling and psychotherapy. It is a well-respected graduate institution educating and training mental health practitioners. At its core remains the Adlerian philosophy of encouragement, open-mindedness, and mutual support to advance the public interest. Visit www.alfredadler.edu for more information.
“The Adler Graduate School will be a leader in empowering and developing mental health and human service professionals to transform society through social interest in action.”
“Preparing mental health and human service professionals with a strong Adlerian foundation to foster encouragement, collaboration, and a sense of belonging to the individuals, families, and the culturally diverse communities they serve.”
AGS Clinical Specialties Programs are currently looking for field experience faculty members for our Clinical Mental Health, Co-Occurring Disorders, and Marriage and Family Therapy field experience courses.
- MA or MS
- Hold a current professional license (i.e. LICSW, LMFT, LPCC, or LP)
- At least two years of post-licensure experience
- Board-approved supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include the ability to sit and stand for an hour at a time, walk, reach, bend, stoop, stretch, lift, push, transport, and move up to 10 pounds and to talk and hear.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity needed to operate normal office equipment, such as a computer, telephone and copier. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an indoor educational environment and involves frequent contact with students, alumni, faculty, staff, and the public. There is a moderate level of noise.
- Some weekend and evening hours may be required
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Adler Graduate School (AGS) provides employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, union membership, creed, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation or expression, status with regards to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission, use of lawful consumable products. We will not request or require a genetic test or collect or use any protected genetic information from any employee or applicant in connection with employment-related decisions or any other status protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, selection, job assignment, promotion, discipline, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, access to benefits, leaves of absences, and training. If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of your immediate supervisor or the Human Resources Department. You can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Interested candidates should email a Cover Letter, Resume or CV, and three Professional References to Allison Zapata, HR and Executive Assistant at Allison.email@example.com
Interested in future employment with Adler Graduate School?
We keep applications on file for future positions! Fill out our Job Application and feel free to complete our Equal Opportunity Employment Survey. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Allison Zapata, HR and Executive Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org.