Registering for Classes
Registration typically occurs 2 months prior to the start of the term. The first 5 days of registration begins with priority registration. Priority registration is open to students who have completed 24 credits or more, are online or license only students. On the 6th day, open registration begins. This is open to all students who are registering for the term. Specific dates will be advertised to current students each term.
Registration Changes (Drop/Add)
Open online registration closes after 1 week then begins the open drop/add period. During drop/add students may change their registration on their own before any tuition liabilty or drop fee is assessed. Changes to a student’s registration may be made online during the open drop/add period (specific dates will be advertised to current students each term). After the close of both online registration and the open drop/add period, all requests to drop/add must be made in writing, including email. A student wishing to add or drop one or more classes must complete a DROP/ADD FORM, or submit a written request by other means (such as email) to the registrar. Students may incur a $20/credit fee for any drop request received later than 15 days prior to the start of the affected session.
A student seeking to drop one or more classes after the open registration drop/add period has closed, must complete a DROP/ADD FORM and submit it to the Registrar. A refund of tuition and other charges may be made according to the following schedule:
For 2 and 3 Credit Courses:
Before the first hour: 100% refund, minus $60 drop fee
1st through 6th hour of class: 75% refund, minus $60 drop fee
7th through 12th hour of class: 50% refund, minus $60 drop fee
13th through 18th hour of class: 25% refund, minus $60 drop fee
After the 18th hour: No refund
For .5 and 1 Credit Courses:
Before the first class: 100% refund, minus drop fee
Before the 2nd class: 75% refund, minus drop fee
Before the 3rd class: 50% refund, minus drop fee
Before the 4th class: 25% refund, minus drop fee
After the start of the 4th class: No refund
- There is no charge for adding credits.
- There is no drop fee if a drop request is received more than 15 days prior to the start of the session or after open drop/add is closed whichever comes later.
- A grade of "W" will appear on the transcript for any course dropped after the course has begun. Courses dropped before the start date will receive a grade of "NE" (never enrolled).
- Because of its limited enrollment, Group Didactic (529) must be dropped at least 30 days prior to the first night of class. No refund will be issued if 529 is dropped after that time.
- The drop fee may be waived for students in their first term of enrollment.
- Students are expected to complete requirements for the Master's Project (599) within 1 year from the time they register for the class. No refund will be issued to a student who withdraws from 599 after that time. (Exceptions to this policy based on extenuating circumstances may be made on a case-by-case basis.)
- No refund will be issued to any student who stops attending class without submitting a written request for withdrawal to the registrar, or to any student who fails to appear in class (“no-show”), without submitting to the registrar a written request to drop the course.
Student financial aid budgets are determined by the student's declared enrollment status and prior enrollment history.
Full-time status = 6 credits or more per term
Half-time status = 3-5.5 credits per term
Less-than-half-time status = 2.5 credits or fewer per term
A student who drops below half-time status is no longer eligible for Title IV student financial aid (Federal Direct Loans or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loans). Pending disbursements will be cancelled and the student's lender will be notified that the student is no longer enrolled at least half-time. Financial aid recipients are required to notify the financial aid and registrar's offices of any enrollment changes.
If you need to take time off from your program, please complete the Leave of Absence Request. A leave of absence will be considered in one year increments. The form is not required for students taking off a single term or session.
For incompletes requiring additional time, students must complete the Request for Extension form. Failure to submit the form and required work will lead to a final grade of NC (no credit). Please see the Student Handbook/Catalog for further details.
- About Adler
- Programs of Study
- Student Services
- Adler in the Community