Registering for Classes
Registration typically occurs 2 months prior to the start of the semester. During this time, students my drop and add classes as necessary. It is also during this time when additional course sections can be added or cancelled, depending on student demand. Adding yourself to a course waitlist will help us to determine the need for additional course sections.
Registration Changes (Drop/Add)
Open registration closes at 11:59pm the day before the semester begins. Any requests to drop a class once the semester has begun, must be made in writing directly to the Registrar. Telling your advisor or instructor that you wish to drop the class, does not constitute dropping the class. Once the semester has begun, students will be assessed a $20/credit drop fee. Tuition refunds will be assessed according to the Tuition Refund Policy below.
Student financial aid budgets are determined based on the number of credits a student is registered for:
Full-time status = 9 credits or more per semester
Three-quarter time status = 7 – 8 credits per semester
Half-time status = 3 – 6 credits per semester
Less than half-time status = 1 – 2 credits per semester
A student who drops below half-time status is no longer eligible for Title IV student financial aid. Pending disbursements will be cancelled and the Clearinghouse will be notified that the student is no longer enrolled at least half-time. If you have an enrollment status change and are on financial aid, please notify the Director of Financial Aid of the change.
Request a Leave of Absence
A student may request a Leave of Absence, (LOA) due to illness or other extenuating circumstances, by submitting the Request for Leave of Absence form to their Program Chair. Students may take a LOA not to exceed 12 months, or smaller incremental leaves not to exceed 12 months-time in total. For the complete policy, see the catalog.
Students seeking to change degree programs must complete the Change of Program form, (see link below). After the appropriate signatures have been obtained, please return the form to the Registrar’s Office.
For information regarding Re-Admission, please go to the catalog for the complete policy and procedures.
Transcripts are processed by the Registrar’s Office. All transcript requests must be made by completing the Transcript Request form (see form below under Attachments). Please complete one form per request. The cost is $10 per transcript. Please allow 7-14 business days for processing. We are unable to send transcripts electronically. Adler does not have the required secure means to send your transcript electronically. Laws prohibit us from sending your transcript to you, or other entity via email. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
Tuition Refund Policy
After the open registration drop/add period has closed, all requests to drop a course must be made in writing to the Registrar. You may email your written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the Drop/Add Form and submitting to the Registrar. A refund of tuition will be made according to the following schedule:
Summer Semester 7/12/21 – 9/20/21 Fall Semester 10/4/21 – 12/17/21
100% refund through 7/18/21 100% refund through 10/10/21
75% refund through 7/25/21 75% refund through 10/17/21
50% refund through 8/1/21 50% refund through 10/24/21
25% refund through 8/8/21 25% refund through 10/31/21
Last day to withdraw, no refund 9/7/21. Last day to withdraw, no refund 12/5/21
Winter Semester 1/10/22 – 3/21/22 Spring Semester 4/11/22 – 6/20/22
100% refund through 1/16/22 100% refund through 4/17/22
75% refund through 1/23/22 75% refund through 4/24/22
50% refund through 1/30/22 50% refund through 5/1/22
25% refund through 2/6/22 25% refund through 5/8/22
Last day to withdraw, no refund 3/7/22 Last day to withdraw, no refund 6/6/22
- You cannot add a class after registration closes.
- The drop fee of $20/credit will be assessed for all withdrawals occurring on the first day of the semester or later.
- A grade of "W" will appear on the transcript for any course dropped after the start of the semester.
- A grade of “NE” will appear on the transcript for a course dropped prior to the first class meeting.
- Because of its limited enrollment, Group Didactic (529) must be dropped at least 30 days prior to the first night of class. No refund will be issued if 529 is dropped after that time.
- Students registered for 604 Portfolio Defense must complete the portfolio by the end of the semester in which 604 is taken. Failure to complete the portfolio will result in an NC for the course. The student will be registered for 604 again in the following semester and will be charged for 1 credit. This will occur until the portfolio is completed.
- No refund will be issued to any student who stops attending class without submitting a written request for withdrawal to the registrar, or to any student who fails to appear in class (“no-show”), without submitting to the registrar a written request to drop the course.
- Notifying your instructor or advisor of your desire to withdraw from a course, does not constitute a withdrawal. The request must be made by the student in writing, directly to the Registrar’s Office.
Need to verify a degree or enrollment?
The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing degree and enrollment verifications. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information, please visit:
www.degreeverify.org or send a written request to:
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171