Teaching Parenting with Positive Discipline - Mary Jamin Maguire, MA, LP, LICSW
This workshop meets on two Fridays, April 3, 2020 and April 17, 2020 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm each day. Both must be attended to receive the certification.
Teaching Parenting with Positive Discipline, developed by Lynn Lott and Jane Nelsen – based upon the work of Alfred Adler and Rudolf Dreikurs. It is a research-based parent education program that provides a step-by-step approach to starting and leading experientially based parenting classes, and leads to Certification as a Positive Discipline Parent Educator. This program uses experiential activities that inspire deep understanding and change, it stands alone or offers significant enhancement to any parent/family program or professional practice.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Learn to plan and facilitate a class for parents about Positive Discipline.
- Learn effective, research based, theory, tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive).
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
- Be eligible for Certification as a Positive Discipline Parent Educator.
About the Trainer: Mary is a child and family therapist with the Adler Center for Families & Community in Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA). She has been working with children (birth to 18 years) and parents since 1982 and has been a Lead Trainer with the Positive Discipline Association since 2003. Mary is deeply committed to sharing the Adlerian philosophy and tools of Positive Discipline as a framework for building respectful relationships and helping children to develop essential social, emotional and life skills for independence and strong character.
Pricing: Early Bird Registration by March 20, 2020 $375.00
Regular Registration $425.00
If four or more participants register together, take $40.00 off each registration fee.
This workshop will be limited to twenty (20) participants.
CES: The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
Special Needs/Accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Ev Haas, Adler Graduate School, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer the fee to another workshop offered by the Positive Discipline Association within one year at no additional cost.