Mindful Self-Care for Helping Professionals: Burnout and Compassion Fatigue - Lisa Venable, MA - Approved for 6 CE’s- Session Delivered Virtually Face to Face Through Zoom
This is an online course·
Do you find yourself fatigued as you care compassionately for clients?
· Do you need tools for greater boundaries so you can support your self?
· Do you need a stress reliever in your day?
You can work with clients in a way that won’t burn you out. Learn how to create supportive self-talk, a balance of giving and receiving and, take better care of your emotions. Learn a process to embrace others’ suffering, pain or trauma without trying so hard to “fix” it. Help clients and yourself create calm in the midst of stress.
Burnout and Compassion Fatigue:
o Learn tecnhiques that boost energy and decrease burn-out.
o Explore ways to deal with emotional aspects of couseling.
o Explore mistaken beliefs around helping others using Adler and RET.
o Mindfulness exercises that create calm and greater ability to deal with trauma, difficult people and compassion fatigue.
· Participants will learn how to transform interfering beliefs into supportive self-talk for greater self-care and stress reduction.
· Participants will learn ways to reduce “taking on the emotions of others”
· Participants will utilize Mindfulness to combat compassion fatigue.