Adlerian Family Play Therapy - Susan Dannen, MSW, LICSW, RPT-S - Approved for 12 CE’s
Family Play Therapy – Adlerian Approach: This two day interactive training will focus on exploring ways to help families engage and create positive energy through play. Activities presented can be used with young children, as well as adolescents. You will gain an understanding of the purpose of children’s behaviors and how you can assist parents in using this knowledge to direct children toward a positive goal. We will also address the difference between “discipline” and “punishment”, and find ways to “re-frame” behavior, in order to help parents create meaningful change. We’ll look at parenting techniques that create positive energy, increase communication, inspire understanding, promote attachment, and help avoid “power struggles”, all while calming and encouraging children. You will walk away with practical, hands-on, techniques that you can start using right away.
The goals of the presentation are:
1. To gain an understanding of the importance of positive family connections.
2. To learn techniques to encourage positive connections-communication with families.
3. To reflect on the impact of family values, rules, and roles.
4. To define what positive discipline is and how to present this to families.
5. To learn techniques to teach parents about positive discipline.