Mindful Self-Care for Helping Professionals, Part 1: Burnout and Compassion Fatigue
- Do you find yourself fatigued as you care compassionately for clients?
- Do you need tools for greater boundaries so you can support your self?
- Do you need a stress reliever in your day?
You can work with clients in a way that won’t burn you out. Learn how to create supportive self-talk, a balance of giving and receiving and, take better care of your emotions. Learn a process to embrace others’ suffering, pain or trauma without trying so hard to “fix” it. Help clients and yourself create calm in the midst of stress.
Burnout and Compassion Fatigue:
- Learn tecnhiques that boost energy and decrease burn-out.
- Explore ways to deal with emotional aspects of couseling.
- Explore mistaken beliefs around helping others using Adler and RET.
- Mindfulness exercises that create calm and greater ability to deal with trauma, difficult people and compassion fatigue.
- Participants will learn how to transform interfering beliefs into supportive self-talk for greater self-care and stress reduction.
- Participants will learn ways to reduce “taking on the emotions of others”
- Participants will utilize Mindfulness to combat compassion fatigue.
* Attending both sessions encouraged for sustaining a Self-Care Plan, but not required.
To register for the event, click here or call (612) 767-7044.