Adler Graduate School awards scholarships based on academic merit, financial need, and personal background. Scholarships are financial aid awards that do not have to be repaid. The following is a list of scholarships available to AGS students:
*10% tuition discount scholarships for:
- Persons officially registered as a member of a Native American tribal group – Proof of status when beginning relationship with AGS is required
- Persons who are active in or an honorably discharged veteran of some branch of the military (i.e., Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard) and their spouse – Proof of status when beginning relationship with AGS is required
- Persons currently employed with the following non-profit organizations – Proof of status when beginning relationship with AGS is required and you are responsible for notifing AGS if employment status with covered non-profit organization changes
- Greater MN Family Services
- Canvas Health
- The Family Partnership
- Wayside House
- House of Charity
- Headway Emotional Services
- East Side Neighborhood Services
- Nystrom & Associates, Ltd
*AGS will provide a 10% tuition discount on the costs of all products and services related to the completion of educational requirements, except costs related to books and other similar, discretionary items.
Effective October 1, 2016 – tuition discounts are not applied retroactively
Outside Sources of Scholarships & Grants
We also encourage our students to seek scholarships through outside sources - a good place to start is the www.fastweb.com. FastWeb is a free scholarship search service; students provide information about their backgrounds and their academic pursuits, and FastWeb will identify foundations, agencies or other organizations that offer scholarships and match students' profiles. Application forms are available in Student Services.
Wayne F. Placek Grants These grants are made possible by a bequest from Wayne Placek, a participant in Dr. Evelyn Hooker's groundbreaking research in the 1950s which showed that homosexuality is not a form of psychopathology.
Psi Chi (National Psychology Honor Society)
Sources of Research Funding (from Social Psychology Network)
Funding & Grants for Graduate Students in Psychology (APA Education Directorate)
Grants from the National Institute of Health
Fastweb.com offers customized scholarship services
Archibald Bush Foundation provides grants in the human services, health, education and arts and fellowships in the areas of leadership, arts, and medicine. We have had students and faculty receive grants from the Bush Foundation.