Safe Schools, Safe Students conference
Talk with others about student safety. See an original play on school violence. Learn about empathic parenting. Create a community art project. Get CEU’s. Receive training on de-escalation techniques. Meet passionate people. Bring the kids. Bring the parents. Hear a speech by a parent whose son was slain in a school shooting. Help to cultivate safe schools, safe students.
Safe Schools, Safe Students Conference is based on a five-part model designed to cultivate safer schools:
- Increasing students' ability to interact positively with their peers.
- Increasing parents' ability to interact positively with their children.
- Increasing educational professionals' ability to interact positively with students.
- Increasing everyone's ability to creatively cope with distressing emotions.
- Increasing our country's ability to limit vulnerable persons from possessing deadly firearms.